20.4.09

What is that Blairing Sound?

Before I begin this post, I apologize for my lack of posts in the past week, but I have been very busy.

So let's start with tonight's Gossip Girl. I don't know which was more of a disaster, the Passover Seder or the rehearsal dinner, however both contained crucial amounts of drama. And drama is no surprise on the Upper East Side. All I can say is move over Carrie Bradshaw because New York City has a new icon in tow and her name is Blair Waldorf.

Let's start with a mini biography of Blair Cornelia Waldorf. First off, she idolizes Audrey Hepburn, "Breakfast at Tiffanys" is her all-time favourite movie in the entire world. She is very traditional and upscale. She is presented as the "queen bee" at Constance Billard (the Manhattan private school), however her insecurity is sometimes brought out when faced with frenemy, Serena Van Der Woodsen. She strives for control and loves to be the center of attention, which can sometimes lead to her bitchy behaviour. Blair's dream is to go to Yale. She also has a sprouting romance with two males in the series, Chuck Bass and Nate Archibald. Blair Waldorf is also known for her fantastic style. Her style is very classic, preppy and polished. She is always very well put together and her outfits are always and I mean always absolutely perfect. What I noticed also, is that Blair almost never wears pants, but almost always skirts and dresses. Her sense of colour is very inspiring and she always knows how to dress up those hideous Constance uniforms and make them look like they have just came out from the runway. Blair's signature item however is... the headband! In almost every episode, Blair is sporting a new headband.

Blair and Nate (Season 2, Episode 21)
(I love Blair's outfit here!)

Blair's large bow and flower headband have really caught my eye. Headbands are very in right now and I am almost sure Blair Waldorf has something to do with it. Props to Blair Waldorf (or Eric Daman- "Gossip Girl"'s stylist) for starting a new trend.

The headband I want (from Urban Outfitters), inspired by Blair

And before I go, here is an inspirational photo I found by one of my
favourite photographers, Tim Walker.

A new outfit post will be soon, hopefully within the next week!

You know you love me,
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You talk about some alright things on here. Most blogs start off looking this way though. It's not to appealing for me to stay on this page for long enough to read a post. Try lighting things up. :)

    ReplyDelete